This is my first monthly favorites blog post! YAY 🙂
I am extremely sad to see September end because it is my birthday month :(. On September 1st, I turned 21 woohoooo! I had the most amazing birthday ever. It was crazy but soooo much fun!
So, I decided to start doing monthly favorites posts because favorites videos on YouTube are my ‘favorite’ videos to watch. I love favorites videos/posts because I like to see what works and doesn’t work for people. It’s also a way for people to find new products to try, tips, and suggestions.
1. Lipstick – my favorite natural everyday lipstick is Retsina by Bite Beauty. I purchased this lipstick from Sephora a couple days after my birthday and I literately have used it everyday since. It is everything you want in a lipstick: moisturizing, long-lasting, and versatile. My favorite clubbing lipstick is Rebel by MAC. I am very fair so it has taken me a while to hop on the Rebel bandwagon. I wore this shade on my birthday and I absolutely LOVED it. It lasted all night and I barely had to reapply it.
2. Highlight – one of my birthday presents from my dad was Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light. I have used this product everyday since I got it. The way I use it is to set my under-eye concealer and it works very well. I apply it in a ‘V’ shape (from the corner of my eye, down to my nose, and up to my temple) to give a nice, light highlighting effect. Hourglass also has several different shades for different skin tones and different looks.
3. Blush – my go-to blush is Pinch Me by MAC. I have had this blush for a couple years and I use it off and on, but I can honestly say it is one of my favorite blushes. I highly recommend trying it. It gives the perfect amount of color to the cheeks without it being too harsh. I have been using it a ton this month.
4. Shadows – I have used Painterly Paint Pot by MAC ever since I started using MAC in 8th grade. However, I purchased Camel Coat by MAC this month and I have been loving it. Painterly is perfect for people with warmer/fairer skin tones, Soft Ochre is perfect for people with yellow undertones, and Camel Coat is perfect for people with cooler undertones. I like to use Camel Coat with Kid eyeshadow by MAC on top. It’s very natural and perfect for everyday wear.
5. Eye Brows – okay…. first of all, if you have never heard or tried of Anastasia you need to hurry up to Sephora or ULTA right NOW and try it out! Anastasia has by far the best eye brow products that I have ever used. I have been loving the Anastasia Brow Whiz in Soft Brown and also the Anastasia Clear Brow Gel. They are both my staples for eye brows. I don’t go a day without using either of them.
6. Hair – The Wet Brush!!! This brush is supposedly all the rage in fancy salons because it is created specifically to detangle wet hair. This brush is amazing. I have used this brush on my hair when it was wet and when it was dry and it never pulled on my hair. I absolutely love it. You can purchase this brush at Sally’s!
I hope you liked this! Leave a comment if you have any questions! 🙂